Ububtu 22.04 Server

Doug Easterbrook doug at artsman.com
Sun Feb 25 15:41:14 UTC 2024

I did a little googling and this looks close to what I’m thinking.      In this linux install, the pg_hba.conf is in /var rather than /etc.   don’t get fooled by that..    replace anything that refers to the full path of the pg_hba.conf with your pathname, since various linux distributions can put stuff in various places.

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/30340417/postgres-service-doesnot-start

anyhow,  I”m thinking a little chmod here and there to the right permissions will get you further.       I just know that permissions on postgres are exact.  on the mac, the whole data directory if owned postgres:daemon with permissions rwx———  (700, I think)

mailto:doug at artsman.com
http://www.artsman.com
Phone (403) 650-1978