OmnisDataBridge 1.78

Doug Easterbrook doug at artsman.com
Wed Feb 21 13:48:23 UTC 2024

hi Juan.

glad its solved ….    If life were easy, we would not have jobs :).

it is definitely frustrating to get caught by ever changing MacOS or Windows OS settings.

I for one hate the windows issue of automatic updates and restarts — which you can’t really stop unless you tell windows that you are on a dial up connection using some arcane registry edit — purely in order to gain control of when a machine updates.

if you are trying to run 24x7 on windows, it really means 24x7 except every second tuesday night when your computer is only alllowed to run for 12 hours and likes to die just after midnight.    AND ….  where your services that are set for automatic restart, wont always restart.

its one of the reasons we are considering deploying our server based processes on docker — so we can control the OS, the behaviour of the OS and know its never our fault.

for what its worth.

mailto:doug at artsman.com
http://www.artsman.com
Phone (403) 650-1978