Query class question

TBS andyh at totallybrilliant.com
Mon Nov 20 13:52:07 UTC 2023

Mike

You have to tell the database how the ‘other’ tables are connected to the main (or any other tables) by adding to a ‘where’ clause

Currently you are not telling it any type of ‘where’ (you are literally just saying get the entire main table and it simply does not know how to deal with the extra table data which is why you get a failure)

An example here would be ‘WHERE tableB.primarykeyname = tableA.foreignkeyname’ - that would be enough to tell it how to pull in data from tableB when you are primarily looking up entries in tableA

You could try this as a good reading start : https://www.postgresqltutorial.com/postgresql-tutorial/postgresql-where/

Andy Hilton
Totally Brilliant Software Inc
Phone (US) : (863) 409 4870