Is #L8 truly global?

Mike Matthews - Omnis omnis at lineal.co.uk
Wed Nov 8 21:18:49 UTC 2023

Hello All,

In olden days, we only had these # hash type of variables.  We were told they were global to the instance of Omnis.

Then came multi libraries, task variables, instance variables, and so we were encouraged to forget #L1, #S1 and so on.  I still remember #G1, but they has sadly died, while the others stubbornly refuse to die!  Hooray.

If you define #L8 in library A, which opens library B, add lines to it, all is good.  But if you close Library A, then #L8 disappears.

So my questions is this : Are the Hash vars tied to the library that made them, ie, not Omnis Global, or something else that is pushing us to forget these wonderful variables?  I have two demo libraries as well.

Thanks

Mike Matthews

Lineal Software Solutions