O$: PostgreSQL setting the $programname property

Paul Mulroney pmulroney at logicaldevelopments.com.au
Mon Nov 6 07:25:05 UTC 2023

Hi Everyone,

Has anyone tried to use the $programname property of a PGSession object?  I'd like to tell Postgres the application that's running (eg Omnis), so that I can see it in the pg_stat_activity table, but I can't seem to get it to work.

I'm basically doing this:

Calculate voSession.$programname as 'Fred'

Am I missing anything?

Regards,
Paul.

I remember the first time I saw a universal remote control … I though to myself "Well, this changes everything"
--
Paul W. Mulroney                                            We Don't Do Simple Pty Ltd
pmulroney at logicaldevelopments.com.au       Trading as Logical Developments