$update only for row

Scotte Meredith spomacguy at gmail.com
Tue Mar 14 16:54:48 UTC 2023

Just to clarify on a couple things.

> On Mar 13, 2023, at 10:46 PM, Daniel Sananes <daniel.s at kopparbergs.se> wrote:
>
> Hi Doug
> This is as far as I have come up till now. There are a lot left. But as I said before I need to do the study as precise as I possibly can.
>
> At this point in $construct I build a list of users (or articles or clients) that are presented in a list to the left in my window.
>  Do $tables.tTable.$sqlclassname.$assign('s_user') Returns #F
>  Do iUserList.$definefromsqlclass('tTable') Returns #F
>  etc.
> I use, for now, only one Table in my program. Have to find out why one might need several tables.

You can have a table superclass where you put the things that every table class needs.

Then you can assign the $sqlclassname property in a table to a particular schema (or query) and put the specifics needs for that schema in the table class associated with it. For example, you might have a $verify method that checks for valid field entry and returns which fields are requires, or that have inconsistent data.

> The most important class must be the schema as it is the schema that views the table in the postgres database.
> I even wonder what help Tables really do?
> I mean, the code in my overridden $update could be placed somewhere else.

Schema classes are connected to a Postgres table. They have many built-in methods, like $update. A table class is connected to a schema class and allows you to override and/or enhance the built-in methods plus add additional methods. Schema classes don't do this.

Scotte Meredith
spomacguy at gmail.com
509/998-0991