Getting up on Twilio

Das Goravani goravanis at gmail.com
Sun Mar 5 19:01:10 UTC 2023

Everyone,

I am trying to get onto Twilio to send text messages.

I was going to use the HTTP Client Worker object.

But it always binary encodes the contents field. Usually it’s in JSON too.

I told this to Twilio tech support and asked if it’s OK.

They said NO. Here is their response:

> Short answer is no. The body and format of the requests must be exactly in the format that the documentation specify. Using binary bodies in JSON format will result in an exception.
>
> Usually, most of our services accept x-www-form-urlencoded format.

What does that last line mean practically.. what do you do to be URLencoded like that?

Can I use the worker object?  If it always makes the contents field binary it seems I cannot use it with Twilio.

Some of you are on Twilio.. how do you do it?

Anticipating:

Das Goravani