ZIP / UnZip in v10.2

Reg Paling reg.paling at lokanet.com
Tue Jan 31 10:49:35 UTC 2023

Hi Mike,

I use a node.js OW3 Worker Object for a cross-platform solution.

You have to break through some barriers to get node.js working properly and
deploying to end-user sites properly, but after that it is very
straightforward.  I already need node.js for some other functionality
which manages certificates and encryption, so it has been worth it for me.
I will use node.js for more in the future, I'm sure.

Omnis comes with a node module called omnis_zip and it's just a matter of
enabling it  by following the instructions in the manual.  To be honest
though, you'll probably find yourself fiddling around to get it to reliably
deploy to your end users.  Let me know if you need help with that.

Regards,
Reg