Taking Studio 4 to 10

Das Goravani goravanis at gmail.com
Tue Sep 27 18:52:39 UTC 2022

Dear List,

I might have reason to take a Studio 4 app to 10, and in another case may work on a Studio 4 app that’s staying there for now.

It’s been a long time since I worked with 4 and libraries that still carry some Omnis 7 in them.

My question is "Can you remind me what those #ER codes mean"?

I remember that events are handled often by #ER codes, as in

If #ER=6
   Do this
Else if #ER=4
   Do this other thing
End if

And those code got outlawed at some point.

I may have need to replace them with the Studio event handling equivalents like

On evClick
On evDoubleClick

Etc

Can you remind me what the main #ER codes meant/were?

And as an aside, what issues come up when converting 4 to 10?  The above #ER codes is the main thing I remember as being an issue.

Again it’s been awhile since I did it.

Thanks

Das Goravani