TCPGetMyAddr

Kelly Burgess kellyb at montana.com
Wed Sep 21 04:23:34 UTC 2022

Hi Paul,

>I've tested that on my MacBookPro, Catalina, Studio 10.2 build 31315 - I get a 192.168... address
> . . .
>I wonder what the difference is?

I don't know.  I just tried Studio 10.22 31664 on Catalina 10.15.7 on a Mac Pro, and

	TCPGetMyAddr Returns #S1

.. also returns 127.0.0.1.  Disabling Little Snitch didn't make any difference.  Not sure what else might make a difference with your MBPro.  I'm on wired ethernet, not wireless...  Yeah, that's what it is -- if I disconnect my ethernet and turn on wireless, TCPGetMyAddr will return my LAN IP.  Switch back to wired and it's the loopback address again.

But none of that affected my VMs, so that must be a Parallels vs Fusion difference.  I even reconfigured the VMs to share the host machine's wireless connection, still got 0 or -11001.

Kelly