Mariadb ssl/tls connection encryption

Louis Kirouac lkirouac at gmail.com
Thu Sep 8 12:46:20 UTC 2022

Good morning

I am trying to set up secured connections as per:

https://omnis.net/developers/resources/technotes/tnsq0030.jsp

I am using Omnis 10.1 rel 29237

On one server:
mysql  Ver 15.1 Distrib 10.1.48-MariaDB, for debian-linux-gnu (x86_64)
the user omnis uses was modified to REQUIRE SSL
and Omnis can connect - Ssl_cipher is set

On another server:
mysql  Ver 15.1 Distrib 10.3.28-MariaDB, for Linux (x86_64) centos 8
when ssl is set on that server, Omnis is not able to connect to any user,
modified to REQUIRE SSL or not

I tried to modify my connection in Omnis as per the technical note to use a
default options file or the $sslset() method
with no luck.

When using dbeaver, it can connect to a user modified to REQUIRE SSL on the
server, and in dbeaver the account is modified to use ssl, the Ssl_cipher
is set

Does anyone have suggestions on what I should try?

Thanks for your help

Louis Kirouac
514-248-2884