O7:FTP Fault message interrupt

Alan Davey david.a.davey at gmail.com
Wed Oct 26 22:12:12 UTC 2022

Hi Daniel,

It's been a long time since I coded in O7, but I don't recall the FTP
connect command ever throwing up a message to the screen. Instead the
returned socket value would have a negative value corresponding to a
particular error and code execution would continue.

Two possibilities are:
1)  You have loaded an error handler in Omnis which is catching the error
and displaying the message.
2)  You're on Windows and the message is from the local firewall manager
warning/prompting you to open ports to allow FTP connections.

It's hard to say though w/o seeing a screenshot with the actual message.

Regards,

Alan