Simple SQL Question

Max Hattenback maxh at carrubba.com
Wed Oct 26 19:52:01 UTC 2022

Hey Das,

I would expect the query you are using to return a SQL error, since you are using an aggregate function alongside non aggregate columns and not using a group by or partition by.

try:

SELECT max(CC_SEQ),CC_CREDIT_NUM,CC_TOKEN
FROM cust_cc
GROUP BY CC_CREDIT_NUM,CC_TOKEN
WHERE CC_CCODE=@[iRowCust.CCODE]
AND CC_CURRENT=1

This should return the max cc seq for each unique combination of CC_CREDIT_NUM,CC_TOKEN that matches the where criteria.