OT: Mac Terminal Replacement?

Paul Mulroney pmulroney at logicaldevelopments.com.au
Thu Oct 13 22:47:25 UTC 2022

Hi Das,

The Terminal on mac usually runs a shell.  On Catalina, I use zsh. A quick google search for "zsh show history" returned this:

"To use it, press CTRL + R in your terminal session. This will change your terminal session to search mode, and you can type for previous commands. As you type, the shell will search for a matching command in the history and suggest it. To search for the next matching suggestion, press CTRL + R."

There's probably heaps of options - most unix commands do.

Regards,
paul.