OT: Modify Keyboard Input on Windows

Kelly Burgess kellyb at montana.com
Thu Oct 13 21:21:19 UTC 2022

Das,

> I want to modify things so that on Windows, I can use the same keys as the Mac.

I'm using VMWare Fusion 12.1.2.  I go to Fusion Preferences -> Keyboard & Mouse, I choose the Default Profile from the menu at the top, and look on the Key Mappings tab, and there's a checkbox to enable the mappings, and a list showing all the Mac shortcuts that get translated to Windows shortcuts.  Z,X,C,V are the first ones listed.  Then in the VM's settings there's a Keyboard & Mouse pane where you choose which Profile to use for that VM.

I didn't change anything (that I remember) and I get this behavior all enabled by default.

Kelly