Postgres Install Mac Problem

Doug Easterbrook doug at artsman.com
Tue Oct 4 19:39:09 UTC 2022

I use brew for a number o things, but not for postgres

we always use enterprise db double clickable installers.   you can get to them by postgesql.org <http://postgesql.org/>
or, start here https://www.postgresql.org/download/macosx/ <https://www.postgresql.org/download/macosx/>

when you set it up, it asks for passwords and all that stuff, plus you can specify the passwords on the command line if you want to do a command line install from terminal.

its just easier as they’ve done all the work with 99% of the things people need.    and they keep the installers up to date, etc.

mailto:doug at artsman.com
http://www.artsman.com
Phone (403) 650-1978