Postgres User Password?

TBS andyh at totallybrilliant.com
Tue Oct 4 17:33:39 UTC 2022

Das

What is most likely is that no, you did not set a Postgres user password upon installation - but its easy to add one now so all is not lost !!

Here is my own note regarding this for Debian :

set postgres password with:
su - postgres
psql
ALTER USER postgres WITH PASSWORD '<newpassword>';
\q
exit

Then restart postgres

Let me know if that gets you there