Postgres User Password?

Das Goravani goravanis at gmail.com
Tue Oct 4 17:11:44 UTC 2022

Hello

When I set up my Debian Server with Postgres, I don’t remember giving the Postgres user a password.

Now it is asking me for the password and nothing works.

The thing is I only use two passwords on everything, and neither of them is working.

I’ve tried everything I can think of, and nothing is working.

Is there a default password for the Postgres user?

The user I CAN Log in as is NOT a superuser and cannot create roles.

Postgres could create roles if I could log in as Postgres.

Because I cannot log in as Postgres, and my other user cannot do anything, so am I SCREWED with this postgres installation?

That would be a bummer.

Das