SheepShaver on M1 Success

Mike Matthews - Omnis omnis at lineal.co.uk
Sat Oct 1 12:06:09 UTC 2022

Thanks for the info Doug.

I found the latest release, v2.5.2022.09.13, found the Apple ROMs, and an ISO for MacOS 9.04, so now all is fine.

Sheepshaver
https://www.emaculation.com/doku.php/sheepshaver_mac_os_x_setup

Disk Image
https://archive.org/details/mac-os9

ROMs
https://www.redundantrobot.com/sheepshaver_files/<https://winworldpc.com/download/3e3dc387-c38b-18c3-9a11-c3a4e284a2ef>

And for a giggle, very sad, I installed Classilla, after trying to use Netscape Communicator.  Netscape failed, as just about every website now needs the secure version to run, and apparently in 1998, that wasn’t yet considered important. Classilla does a better job, but nowhere near usable.  Just for fun.

https://www.macintoshrepository.org/1770-classilla

Now I can go back to my Omnis3+ libs, and all the way up to Omnis 7.38

Next task is to find an Apple IIe emulator, then try and read some 3.5” disks in Apple Pascal format, and run the original Omnis3 green screen I started with in 1982/3.

Mike Matthews

Lineal Software Solutions
Commercial House, The Strand<x-apple-data-detectors://1/1> Barnstaple, Devon, EX31 1EU<x-apple-data-detectors://1/1>

omnis at lineal.co.uk<mailto:mike.matthews at lineal.co.uk>

www.lineal.co.uk<http://www.lineal.co.uk/>

www.sqlworks.co.uk<http://www.sqlworks.co/>