O$10.22(31840) - Bundle and Customize...

Phil (OmnisList) phil at pgpotter.co.uk
Thu Nov 3 10:24:21 UTC 2022

Hi,

Kelly once wrote an article on this subject about how to modify Omnis to
look like your app. on Windows and Mac. and later Omnis provided the
Deployment Tool to assist.

In this latest version, on Windows, I just wanted to note that the
AppData folder name resource string has changed to match Mac, so instead
of using String table entry 499 to name your appdata folder, you now use
the 25599 and 25600 strings within the omnisdat.dll file.

These don't exist in the file from an omnis runtime, but can easily be
added using either the resource hacker application (
http://www.angusj.com/resourcehacker/) or indeed the deployment tool
from within Omnis itself.

Not knowing that this change had occurred, and using a firstruninstall
folder, I found my created runtime application failed to copy over the
firstruninstall folder into appdata at all, and therefore did not run.

So, just a heads up, if relevant to yourselves.
and a marker in the lists history to lookup some other time.

--
regards
Phil Potter