Replace PNG with SVG

Alex Clay aclay at mac.com
Thu Mar 10 12:54:10 UTC 2022

Hi xavier

Studio 10.2 adds support for rendering SVGs in-app. We moved all our PNG icons to SVGs and this works great! Please note it does kick up the system requirements on Windows to Server 2019 or higher or Windows 10 Creators Update (version 1703) or higher. On macOS there is no special requirement for SVGs—the minimum of macOS 10.14 works just fine.

The documentation tends to focus on the JavaScript Client, but SVG support works with the fat (desktop) client equally as well. Here is a tech note to get you started, with links to the docs:

https://omnis.net/developers/resources/technotes/tnjc0010.jsp

Alex