Omnis classic with sqlite

Marc De Roover omnis1 at arcict.com
Tue Jun 28 16:36:54 UTC 2022

Martin,

In that case my suggestion would be:
- leave the O7 app/code as such or with no or minimal change °
- sync the data from the DF on a regular basis to Postgres ( ex
depending on frequency of change though a timed procedure or a triggered
procedure )

- you can then can use the data in O$10 and eventually add to the
application though a O$10 library which can acces the SQL and the DF
data.
Ex: using a sql select you could retrieve a primary key, with which you
could get the DML record. So you have the power of SQL with the data
still in DML for O7 (this is also do-able in O7)

° to ease the data sharing ( multiple users, O7, O$10 ) and reduce data
crashes, I recommend you to setup an OmnisDataBridge server, which is
much more stable and reliable then sharing the data through a
fileserver.
This would require minimal changes to the O7 lib but requires the very
last O7 versions.
Ex: we use a MacMini 2018 with a Promise Pegasus raid system equipped
with SSD’s.
Which gives an exquisite performance at a very affordable price.

We have a similar setup running for years since our conversion from 07
to O$4.

We are still in DML using ODB while preparing our upgrade to O$10, where
we plan to move from DML to SQL using the DML2SQL contained in 0$10

Regards,

Marc