Access to Omnis?

kim at martel.com.au kim at martel.com.au
Sun Jun 26 09:39:17 UTC 2022

Hi Paul
I did this about 12 years ago.   The product had not bee supported for years
and was having problems.  No one knew who had access to the program and
hence all the data was locked inside.
I opened the Access data with OBDC in the SQL browser.  I needed the
password for it to open which was supplied.

Then was able to look at the data.

I think I then dragged files across into a postgres data base.
I then created table class in postgres and inserted the access data.
I then created a program that was better than the original to use all the
data.

Regards
Kim