Sending bulk emails

Martin Obongita martin.obongita at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 20 16:58:56 UTC 2022

Hi Doug,
How do you do that, sending emails through the server and not the workstation?
As in.. do you mean to say the SMTP worker in the HUB is a workstation sample and not a server?
What is the difference between coding in the server and workstation to send email... seeing that I'm developing on OS10.2 web version.
Rgds,Martin.

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

  On Mon, 20 Jun 2022 at 19:51, Doug Easterbrook via omnisdev-en<omnisdev-en at lists.omnis-dev.com> wrote:   hi Xavier.

I just want to say I agree with using a server to send out all emails is better than each workstation doing its own.

If the rationale is not obvious, the kind of things we’ve run into are

manage a database table with a queue of emails nakes it easier to track status and restart the emails if necessary

workstations firewalls based on corporate policies are sometimes setup to block outgoing access (particularly if the default is deny for PCI compliance).. and if only the server can send emails, then its within the control of IT to open things up as necessary

its a worthwhile way to design the processes.

mailto:doug at artsman.com
http://www.artsman.com
Phone (403) 650-1978