Type ahead

Ben Weinberg ben at pca.com
Fri Jun 17 22:29:45 UTC 2022

The ‘overhead’ I was referring to was having to deal with the keyEvents, as well as having 3 screen fields that have to be in the proper order for this to work.  A field for the names, another for the combo list, and a third to handle what happens when the user does a shift-tab from a subsequent field.

I last used this technique in 2002, on a window used to enter long part numbers that were mostly on file. I found it to be a huge time saver.  After a few hours work copying my old code, I have it working on a new application.

I was hoping that O$ had a less intensive way to do this entry.

Ben Weinberg