Type ahead

Michael Mantkowski michaelj at clientrax.com
Thu Jun 16 15:25:26 UTC 2022

We have Type Ahead in many locations in our application.  But I don’t know what the "Studio Tips" method is to compare.  It has been in our system for what seems like forever.

We use the $event method in the Field to track the keystrokes as they are typed.  Based on this we call a Find or Search List method that looks for the closest exact match for display.  It also highlights the part of the entry that has actually been typed so you can see where you are as you type.  Heavy use of $contents, $firstesel, $lastsel...

Does that sound similar?

I would be interested to see the Studio Tips version of this in case it could improve our method.

We have an extended version of this also that will display a "like typed" list that can be chosen from.

Michael Mantkowski
ClienTrax Software
1-614-875-2245