How to use OW3 to scp or ftp a file to a remote server

Doug Easterbrook doug at artsman.com
Tue Jun 14 22:43:16 UTC 2022

there is an example in the ‘Samples’ in the HUB in your omnis developer copy called ‘FTP OW3 Worker Object’

It looks to have a lot of fill in the blanks to let you ftp/sftp from one location to another.      I don’t know about SCP specifically.   I do know that omnis accomplishes all of it using CURL.

anyway, I’ve used the HTTP OW3 Worker Object example to trace though and take working code from it to add support to background downloads for our update installers.     it downloads a complete runtime installer for Theatre Manager into a client directory ….  its very nice.

it goes along with the shell script I sent you moments ago.    we download the zip and then use ditto to expand it, then run it via launch program

I know thats not what you asked ..   but its is a great example how the HTTP worker can get updates onto a local machine from a server and run them.

in your case, the FTP worker should be able to move files from you to an FTP server

mailto:doug at artsman.com
http://www.artsman.com
Phone (403) 650-1978