How to use the Windows Deployment Tool

Michael Houlberg michael at houlbergdevelopment.com
Thu Jul 28 14:58:54 UTC 2022

$Listers:

I’m experimenting with the Deployment Tool for Windows in Omnis 10.2 31315.  The docs are pretty thin, but I think I have it working.  It seems pretty simple.  I’m pretty much just adding a library to the startup folder and changing the application name.  I point it to an output folder which creates a folder with all the runtime components including a firstruninstall folder.  The tree looks correct, but I thought I was going to get something I can send to a client to install on their computer.

Like, shouldn’t I be able to generate either an .exe or a .msi?  How do you use the result of the deployment tool to actually deploy your application?

Thanks,
Michael Houlberg
Houlberg Development, LLC