Use Windows Powershell to expand zipped archive

Michael Houlberg michael at houlbergdevelopment.com
Tue Jul 26 22:01:57 UTC 2022

Hey $Listers:

I’ve run into a need to expand an archive from within Omnis running in Windows 10 and noticed that there is a built in method to do this that uses the Powershell.  Example:

PS C:\> Expand-Archive -Path 'C:\input.zip' -DestinationPath 'C:\output’

But is using the Powershell something different than sending a command line?  For instance I’ve used Launch Command to issue commands in the format, passing in pScript:

Calculate pScript as con('cmd /s /c ',kDq,pScript,kDq)
Launch program [pScript] Returns lResult (Do not quit Omnis)
Quit method lResult

But my Expand-Archive script yields lResult:

‘Expand-Archive’ is not recognized as in internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

What?

Michael Houlberg
Houlberg Development, LLC