O$ - why not use #F

Martin Obongita martin.obongita at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 26 11:38:27 UTC 2022

Thank you Phil and Rudolf.Does this phenomenon of unpredictability also apply to other global variables such as #1,#2, #L1, #L2 as used in a For loop: For #1 from 1 to #LN step 1 ?
Kind regards,Martin O.

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

  On Tue, 26 Jul 2022 at 12:46, Phil (OmnisList)<phil at pgpotter.co.uk> wrote:   Martin,

Most developers will of moved away from relying on #F, mainly due to
things like timers, which may pop in and do something when you least
expect it, and maybe change the #F flag unexpectedly.

So using your own variable to hold any flag or status is a much safer
way to go.

--
regards
Phil Potter