Notation and Printing

Das Goravani goravanis at gmail.com
Tue Jul 19 17:42:20 UTC 2022

I just did some reading and found that yes, the job setup dialog allows you to select a printer, and the paper trays

My only problem is that I’m doing all forms, and you can’t access things like Job Setup from a form.. it runs on the server and pops up there

And I’m doing Headless on Linux so it won’t even pop up at all

My option is to print to PDF on one of the clients, and then they can print from their browser to a local printer.. that’s certainly an option

Or have one workstation which has a fat runtime, and provide them with a library that works on Window classes instead of forms
On that one workstation they do their printing.. and so I pop up Job Setup there.

What do you think?