How email using OAuth2 and GMAIL

Das Goravani goravanis at gmail.com
Tue Jul 19 14:59:12 UTC 2022

What I do with Gmail is not run through Oauth2. I am using SMTPSend.

But it may work with OAUTH2, I don’t know enough about Oauth2 to know whether it works or not.

But what you need to do with Gmail is get an Application Specific Password.

They generate those on their site when you are logged into your account’s setup pages. I don’t know where it is exactly, I did it only once.

With an app specific password, Gmail is willing to send your mail.

You use your regular account settings, but for the password, you use the App Specific Password that you generated on the Gmail site.

This is not "Allow less secure apps". That is either gone or going away. App Specific Password gets around that, is different.