How email using OAuth and Exchange Online

Doug Easterbrook doug at artsman.com
Sat Jul 16 13:27:00 UTC 2022

hi Mike.

I’m not weighing in on the how to use oAuth … but more on the structure of the object.

any of the workers we have built that rely on timers for completion are always separate objects, be it postgres workers or ow3 workers.

The $complete is always in the object itself, and that may dispatch to another place.    in other words, we

instantiate the object
tell it that when done, to call a place using and item reference.  we might pass in  a ref like     iWindowref.  (which can refer to anything)

the $complete in the worker object is called - it always seems to work

that then dispatches to the passed in reference.   eg

in $complete for the worker might be code like

If iCallingRef.[iMethodName].$cando
Do iCallingRef.[iMethodName](pResults,kTrue)
End If

this lets you do a couple of things
1) breakpoint the $complete method in the object… since it should always be called
2) then trace through the callback to the place you want the result to go
3) the results from the worker can be sent anywhere (to another worker, or window, or database, if you want :)

you already mention that it works in a stand-alone window, just not when nested.      this avoids the influence of nesting issues on timers….

mailto:doug at artsman.com
http://www.artsman.com
Phone (403) 650-1978