Can't INSERT

dlr at futurechalk.com dlr at futurechalk.com
Thu Jul 7 16:47:09 UTC 2022

Hello Das,

I would strongly recommend that you build out your sql statement first so you can easily see what the statement actually is before executing it.

Begin statement
Sta: INSERT INTO dtcustomers
Sta: [$ctask.tSessObjPGRef.$insertnames(iro)]
Sta: RETURNING cust_id
End statement
Get statement lsqlstatement
Do tStatObjPGRef.$execdirect([lsqlstatemen]} Returns #F

This allows you to see what statement has been formed and to check if it is correct. During debug you can put a breakpoint at the execute and view the sql generated and correct it before you execute it. This also simplifies finding errors as well as you know exactly what is going to be executed.

Dan Ridinger