Processing Credit Card Payments

Paul Mulroney pmulroney at logicaldevelopments.com.au
Mon Jul 4 01:34:36 UTC 2022

It's also important to keep in mind that if you store Credit Card details for your clients, that most payment processing providers require you to have PCI DSS compliance.  If you don't have a secure server, or encryption enabled for your database, then this can become a bit of a minefield.

The payment gateways that we use in Australia don't need us to store credit card details - the provider handles this for us.  eWay is one provider that does this, and has a number of api's available for devs to use.  See https://www.eway.com.au/advanced-cybersecurity/pci-dss/ <https://www.eway.com.au/advanced-cybersecurity/pci-dss/> for more info.  (BTW I don't get a commission for recommending them!)

Food for thought.

Regards,
Paul.