Importing straight to SQL

TBS andyh at totallybrilliant.com
Mon Jan 31 19:23:38 UTC 2022


Das

A very quick example would be :

Do YourList.$sendall($ref.ColName.$assign(#NULL))

If you have not got it I *highly* recommend you get in touch with Mike Matthews and get a copy of StudioTips - it is full of all sorts of ‘how to’ examples for things just like this……it will save you *hours* of frustration…..

Andy Hilton
Totally Brilliant Software Inc
Phone (US) : (863) 409 4870
Phone (UK) : 0207 193 8582
Web : www.totallybrilliant.com
Helpdesk : http://totallybrilliant.kayako.com
Email : andyh at totallybrilliant.com
On Jan 31, 2022, 2:19 PM -0500, Das Goravani <goravanis at gmail.com>, wrote:
>
> Alan, You were right. $nativeerrortext shows an actual error.. and it is that I have the primary key column in the list, and in it I have the old values, and it is upset that I’m passing in values in that column.. I hit a duplicate, because I earlier imported a test of 45 records, they got their primary key values assigned, and now I am passing more, and it hit a duplicate. The answer for this is for me to clear that column of values, and pass #NULL’s in that column..
>
> How do you clear one column of data in a list?
>
> I will try to figure that out, but if somebody knows, do tell.
>
>
>
>
> > On Jan 31, 2022, at 2:05 PM, Alan Davey <david.a.davey at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Hi Das,
> >
> > If you inspect your statement object, what does $nativeerrortext show?
> > This should give you the exact sql error which will help you debug the
> > problem.
> >
> > Given that you mentioned the COPY command also failed during execution, it
> > seems pretty clear that you have a problem with one or more records in your
> > data that needs to be corrected.
> >
> > If you provide exactly the error message you are hitting, someone on this
> > list will be able to provide better help.
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > Alan
> >
> > On Mon, Jan 31, 2022 at 1:47 PM Das Goravani <goravanis at gmail.com <mailto:goravanis at gmail.com>> wrote:
> >
> > >
> > > Well using a SmartList and $doinserts worked on a test file of just 45
> > > records.
> > >
> > > But when I gave it 180,000 to do which is 1/12th of my actual file, on the
> > > $doinserts command it came back with kStatementExecuteFailed
> > >
> > > This seems like a dead end. It seems that SmartLists cannot handle big
> > > time work. I can’t reasonably cut up my file greater than 12 parts to do.
> > > 180,000 is not that much. It can easily fit in memory. Even with the
> > > doubling of lists that SmartLists do.
> > >
> > > Darn.
> > >
> > > I wish this worked.
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > > On Jan 31, 2022, at 1:01 PM, Das Goravani <goravanis at gmail.com> wrote:
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > I figured out a way to do this that works and is less code and probably
> > > faster.
> > > >
> > > > It is to make my list a SmartList and then $doinserts()
> > > >
> > > > It works, so I’m going to go with that.
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > > On Jan 30, 2022, at 6:53 PM, Das Goravani <goravanis at gmail.com <mailto:goravanis at gmail.com> <mailto:
> > > goravanis at gmail.com>> wrote:
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > > I tried the code I posted and it didn’t work.
> > > > >
> > > > > So I tried defining a SQL ROW from a table class connected to the
> > > SCCITIES schema, and did this
> > > > >
> > > > > Calculate tvfccitiesrow as cvCitiesList
> > > > > Do tvfccitiesrow.$insert() Returns #F
> > > > >
> > > > > I calculate the ROW as the list. This assigns #L’s values to the row. I
> > > checked that that is going on.
> > > > >
> > > > > I then use the ROW to do the insert.. wondering if $insert just doesn’t
> > > work on lists.
> > > > >
> > > > > But it didn’t work on the row either.
> > > > >
> > > > > I am familiar with using the row to do inserts, so I was surprised it
> > > didn’t work.
> > > > >
> > > > > When I define the row from SQL Class the connected table class runs the
> > > construct of the master table class and there I have the session object
> > > being assigned to $cinst which is the row…so that is being done.
> > > > >
> > > > > Any idea why this wouldn’t work?
> > > > >
> > > > > Should it work from the list instead?
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > >
> > >
> > > _____________________________________________________________
> > > Manage your list subscriptions at http://lists.omnis-dev.com <http://lists.omnis-dev.com/>
> > > Start a new message -> mailto:omnisdev-en at lists.omnis-dev.com <mailto:omnisdev-en at lists.omnis-dev.com>
> > >
> > _____________________________________________________________
> > Manage your list subscriptions at http://lists.omnis-dev.com <http://lists.omnis-dev.com/>
> > Start a new message -> mailto:omnisdev-en at lists.omnis-dev.com <mailto:omnisdev-en at lists.omnis-dev.com>
> _____________________________________________________________
> Manage your list subscriptions at http://lists.omnis-dev.com
> Start a new message -> mailto:omnisdev-en at lists.omnis-dev.com


More information about the omnisdev-en mailing list