Postgres says my password is invalid

Das Goravani goravanis at gmail.com
Sun Jan 30 17:18:06 UTC 2022

When I run pgAdmin, it comes up and asks a password.
I put in the password I gave it during install, which is four numbers XXXX, and it accepts it.
I then click on “Servers” on the left and it reveals “PostgreSQL 14” and it asks for a password again.
I then put in the password again and it gives this error:

connection to server at "localhost" (::1), port 5432 failed: Connection refused Is the server running on that host and accepting TCP/IP connections? connection to server at "localhost" (127.0.0.1), port 5432 failed: Connection refused Is the server running on that host and accepting TCP/IP connections?

On my first install it did not do this, it accepted the password and revealed all the tree under PostgreSQL 14, so that I could add a user and a database. Now it just stops on this error.