Postgres says my password is invalid

Das Goravani goravanis at gmail.com
Sat Jan 29 20:16:38 UTC 2022

Don’t give up on me Doug. I only have you.

Is there something about localhost or the port 5432 that can become jammed, taken up, clogged.

It seems to me that my hba file is fine. I mean I know how I edited it when it was working and I’m doing that still.

I can’t get to Servers to create a user and a database, because the second password box won’t connect.

This is very frustrating.

I wonder why the same steps won’t work a second time… it all worked the first time through.

The same steps a second and third time aren’t working, why is that? What is "taken up", "clogged", I wonder.

I wonder why the first install stopped working. It was working, then I tried the COPY command a number of times in PSQL, that’s all. It thereafter disconnected. I rebooted to reconnect and that’s when the error messages started.