Postgres says my password is invalid

Das Goravani goravanis at gmail.com
Sat Jan 29 18:55:16 UTC 2022

_hba was not edited…

I am getting the failed message previously typed out

Now I have tried some things, what I know how to do and from your advice

I made ::1/128 as trust and I also put in under IPv4 0.0.0.0/0 as trust

I rebooted

pgAdmin runs and the first password sign in works

But clicking on "Servers" so that I can get to "Databases" brings up the second password box

Putting my password in that brings up the failed connection refused error previously typed out, still

I tried the command you gave for starting postgres, and it said no such directory

I wonder why this all worked the first time through, I did things exactly the same way as they are now

At one point I was able to log on from my machine remotely using my public IP address.. had it all wired, that was the first install

Things went so smoothly then

I have done things exactly the same way on this second and third installs, and it just refuses to work

Mind you I only reinstalled because installation #1 broke.. stopped working, gave first a wrong password error then this failed connection error