Postgres says my password is invalid

Doug Easterbrook doug at artsman.com
Sat Jan 29 17:41:21 UTC 2022

try 127.0.0.1 as the server ip.

localhost ::1  is not an ip address (as far as I know - but I don’t play ipv6 much).

::1 is ipv6           for 127.0.0.1
localhost is ipv4 for 127.0.0.1
combining them likely isn't valid.   see wikipedia https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Localhost

if you want to see what the server is rejecting, you can look at the /Library/Postgresql/14/data/log folder and  — look at the latest log file to see what it is saying.

mailto:doug at artsman.com
http://www.artsman.com
Phone (403) 650-1978