Postgres First Logon Questions

Das Goravani goravanis at gmail.com
Sat Jan 22 22:48:19 UTC 2022

Well I’m pretty proud of myself.

I managed to install Postgres. That was easy.

I found an old post in the archives that taught me to edit the config files to allow it to listen to '*' as opposed to just localhost

And to allow for connections from my local network

Restarted my server so that changes would take effect (couldn’t find a way to stop and start it with command line.. nothing online worked)

Now I am going to try to connect to it from Omnis

Wish me luck

Das

Still am not sure if my database is named Postgres or something else, just going to try with that