JS Device action to send email kJSDeviceActionSendEmail

Michael Houlberg michael at houlbergdevelopment.com
Tue Jan 18 23:17:58 UTC 2022

$Listers:

I’ve been looking at the JavaScript Device control which allows me to initiate certain actions on a mobile device when running the Omnis JavaScript client in the Wrapper.  For instance, I can use kJSDeviceActionGetContacts to display a list of email contacts on the device.  Once the user chooses a name from the list, I can create an email.

I can use the Device.$action kJSDeviceActionSendEmail.  I can put the email address in $communicationaddress, the subject in $communicationsubject, and the text of the email in $communicationdata.  Then I invoke it with the $action set to kJSDeviceActionSendEmail and it opens a window to send the email from the email app on the device.

But it appears this assumes I’m planning to send a text only email.  I’d like to made the $communicationdata a MIME list so I can have some text and also an attached PDF.  Is this possible?

Thanks,
Michael Houlberg
Houlberg Development, LLC