Report parameters

Kelly Burgess kellyb at montana.com
Fri Jan 14 12:09:20 UTC 2022

Hi Martin,

I'm sorry, I'm just trying to offer ideas, not solutions.  You know what you're trying to do and I don't, so I've probably made some wrong assumptions.  pSortCol was an example of telling the report what column you wanted to sort by, via a selector parameter to $construct.  It could be a number or string, I showed using a string.  I suggested using an extra column so that you didn't have to change $sorts elements, you could specify sort/subtotal to be the same ghost column all the time, and just populate it differently.  But maybe you should just go back to what you were doing and stop letting me steer you where you don't need to go.

>Why iDataList.sortCol and not sortCol?

Because sortCol isn't a variable, it's just the name of a column I added to the list.

Kelly