Apache caught SIGTERM?

Das Goravani goravanis at gmail.com
Sun Feb 27 21:33:16 UTC 2022

From the certbot documentation:

By default, it requires root access in order to write to/etc/letsencrypt, /var/log/letsencrypt, /var/lib/letsencrypt; to bind to port 80 (if you use the standalone plugin) and to read and modify webserver configurations (if you use the apache or nginx plugins).

So it is saying that Certbot needs root privileges in order to write to web server configurations if you use the apache plugin which I think I did by including the word apache in my certbot command.

I think it tried to write to apache, but which one does it try to write to..

It seems to have inspired one to launch processes.. and it’s not mine.. there is one other one

It seems to have messed up my apache, as it won’t launch even when “the other one” is shut down.

Should I restore from just before getting the certificate? Restore my MAMP directory that is.