Apache caught SIGTERM?

Das Goravani goravanis at gmail.com
Sat Feb 26 21:37:54 UTC 2022

I just messed around with it more.

Changing the ports did not help.. it still won’t start.

It says "something else is using Port 80 or 443".. but changing to other unused ports doesn’t help.

I did the command line command

LSOF -I :80

And got a readout of what’s using it.. actually there were three httpd entries.. which surprised me.. I thought that was apache’s name and it is not running..

I use MAMP PRO to manage my Mac Server. It has always worked great.

Right now when I start it, it says something else is using Port 80 and indeed there are 4 entries for it when I do a listing.

But I did not install anything that uses port 80 lately.. not that I’m aware of.

I installed Postgres on this server but that was days ago and have rebooted a number of times and Apache would start.. now it won’t start.

I am unable to solve this riddle. Now my server is down which is a bad thing. I rely on my main site for business.

I do not know what I will do.