Omnis kDevOmnisPDF document size

IT it at plastipol.com
Wed Feb 16 09:28:40 UTC 2022

Hi,

I’m printing reports with some images that printed with Omnis built-in pdf takes around 459KB.

Opening the pdf with macOS Preview and exporting using Quartz Filter Reduce File Size takes only 86KB. Results a very similar image quality.

The difference in size is big.

There is no option in Omnis PDF to reduce the output pdf size.

I’m desktop only but if this pdf documents were generated for mobile devices this could be a big problem.

I’m only macOS. Is there any tip to reduce the omnis generated pdf without user interaction?

Any advice will be welcome

regards

xavier