Tracking Omnis

Doug Easterbrook doug at artsman.com
Mon Feb 14 15:53:56 UTC 2022

hi Rob

so looking at what pages look like in oBrowser that from from ultra thin client.   Thats means they are all HTML

we do that.

You can either point the oBrowser URL to your ultra think client directly

Calculate ibrowserRef.$urlorcontrolname as ‘https:// …….’

Or, in our case, we have the pure HTML in a field in a table in the database, so we

1) write out a temp file containing the BODY of the text to a known place
2) use that as the path namer in the oBrowser $URLCONTROLNAME

eg

we write it you to a temp file (I have a method to do that, but you can write your own ‘writefile’ kind of thing.

Pathname is a fiull pathname to the thing like C:\temp\FilenameTemp.html.  or   /user/shared/FilenameTemp.html

then the URL is ‘file:///+ the pathname'

Do tTMDB.$writeTempFile(con('FilenameTemp.html'),Body,kFalse) Returns pathname

Calculate ibrowserRef.$urlorcontrolname as con('file:///',pathname)

hope that is what you are looknig for.

mailto:doug at artsman.com
http://www.artsman.com
Phone (403) 650-1978