Search List Conditions

Martin Obongita martin.obongita at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 9 09:57:13 UTC 2022

Hi Listers,
I have iPrintDataList diplayed in a dataGrid object.
I wish to filter out and display only the records that fit a search criteria, so I use the line below:Do iPrintDataList.$search($ref.activestatus_linenum=iSearchActiveStatusList.iSearchactivestatusLinenum,kTrue,kFalse,kFalse,kFalse)
The documentation says this command only selects 1 line of record found.    But I wish to select and display only the lines (ALL the lines) that fit the search.
If I use select and fetch statement, I will have to define the list. This will clear my iPrintDataList.
Also, where can I get an explanation of what these conditions do:    kOnlySelected,    kSelectMatches,    kDeselectNonMatches

Again, the manual says very little about what the difference is in their usage in a search command.
Kind regards, Martin Obongita.