Help Setting Up the App Server on Linux

Das Goravani goravanis at gmail.com
Sun Feb 6 18:58:07 UTC 2022

Oh my Gosh, thanks for answering that Doug. Omnis on Linux is command line, oh that is good to hear. I wonder why in the tech note on the app server they show the graphical approach to serialization and setting of port.. they show photos of GUI windows for those things.. that is what made me think it requires a GUI

Yes, re the SSH session.. I’ve been doing those.. SSH sessions, and I like that approach, "run as root".. works for me.. command line is powerful, to the point, specific, it’s good enough.

I’m not pining for a GUI, just thought for a moment there that I had to have one

Is that command line only App Server the one that is called "headless".. is that what that means?