Help Setting Up the App Server on Linux

TBS andyh at totallybrilliant.com
Sun Feb 6 16:19:30 UTC 2022

Das

I like Mate for Debian myself, and its installation of itself is very straightforward…..

To serialise Omnis is simply a matter of editing the ‘serial.txt’ file (a simple file edit) as far as I am aware, so nothing that requires a desktop (as I have said before there is *nothing* in Debian for which you really really need a desktop !)

I would like to help you with installing Omnis but honestly I know what’s coming and I don’t have the time at the moment !!

I used to use Omnis (in its early web days) with Apache - and indeed have since switched to nginx (which is way better) but I don’t use the Omnis components any longer having switched my entire web app to a python based approach which works easily with nginx, so I am sorry I can’t give you any help on the nginx/Omnis side although from what I recall it should be straightforward !

Andy Hilton
Totally Brilliant Software Inc
Phone (US) : (863) 409 4870
Phone (UK) : 0207 193 8582